A Peek Behind the Curtain – Learning Creativity
“Creativity is a crushing chore and a glorious mystery. The work wants to be made, and it wants to be made through you.”
I always get asked questions by aspiring design students about my journey. Where did I start, what keeps me going, what is the process of how I create…
I recently answered these questions and more in an interview for Creativepool.
WHAT I WAS ASKED...
• How did you get into the industry?
• Where are you based now and who do you work for?
• If you weren’t in your current industry, what would you be doing?
• Can you explain your creative process?
• What’s your secret to staying inspired and motivated?
• What’s the work achievement you’re most proud of?
• How do you recharge away from the office?
• What advice would you give to other aspiring creatives looking for work?
• If you could change one thing about the industry, what would it be?
WORDS FROM THE PUBLISHER
“I feel like this is a pretty amazing final result and one interview I’m definitely proud to have published on Creativepool. I’m also sure our readers will find it just as inspirational and creative as myself.”
I touch on talent vs hard work, diversity in the industry and how non-linea the journey can be.
If you’re thinking of starting in the design industry and want to see what it takes, here’s a peek behind the curtain.
While there may be stories of some brands named in eureka moments, there...
Contrary to popular opinion design of your brand has little to do with...
Plus 5 FREE tickets up for grabs!